WIP - Langerd's Arena - A Challange for you.

A little update. After many tries and issues with scripts i managed to achieve wimething cool!

toQs9zK.jpg

Everyone remember how fight with Maul went for Obi wan. After he was pushed into the generator shaft he luckly managed to catch one of those red cones. And that is what i am talking about!

If player will fall into the pit he have one last chance to survive - we can now catch one of thos cones! We simply spam the use button to catch it. It is trigger multiple with the use option. After use the script runs - on it teleports player (i will come back to it later in this post ... teleport topic) to the cone with the different animation - like player is hang on this red cone. After 2 seconds player jumps out the pit because platform under the player (invisible .. everything is set up to look realistic as possible) and he is pushed by trigger_push. The last trigger multiple that is above the player gets activated. He will active this trigger because he will be pushed out the pit. This last trigger deactivate all triggers that were activated for this gameplay effect.

It was very tricky to achieve and i rly would prefer to use new animation for this but the end result is nice!

I will send images today or tommorow

A little update. After many tries and issues with scripts i managed to achieve wimething cool!

toQs9zK.jpg

Everyone remember how fight with Maul went for Obi wan. After he was pushed into the generator shaft he luckly managed to catch one of those red cones. And that is what i am talking about!

If player will fall into the pit he have one last chance to survive - we can now catch one of thos cones! We simply spam the use button to catch it. It is trigger multiple with the use option. After use the script runs - on it teleports player (i will come back to it later in this post ... teleport topic) to the cone with the different animation - like player is hang on this red cone. After 2 seconds player jumps out the pit because platform under the player (invisible .. everything is set up to look realistic as possible) and he is pushed by trigger_push. The last trigger multiple that is above the player gets activated. He will active this trigger because he will be pushed out the pit. This last trigger deactivate all triggers that were activated for this gameplay effect.

It was very tricky to achieve and i rly would prefer to use new animation for this but the end result is nice!

I will send images today or tommorow

Wow! That's awesome!

1. I jump into the pit (because i am clumsy as i am stupid) 

UliAU3g.jpg

2. I press use button (in my case r on keyboard) and my character grabs the cone ^^
W7mKkET.jpg

3.About 2-3 seconds later the jump animation plays and we are in the air safe (but remember !!! The only issue here is that we must quickly take out lightsaber because we wouldnt grab the cone)
08vQfCU.jpg

yeyo JK, Torki, SomaZ and 4 others like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks amazing, any chance it can be supported in MP too?

I checked it in Mp and there are ton of issues sadly... teleporters dont work. It can be done but i am very busy and i wanted to make it for Sp support. Also npcs with sabers act very weird and their animations are very very fast. It may work but like i said - it would take some time to change everything XS

I checked it in Mp and there are ton of issues sadly... teleporters dont work. It can be done but i am very busy and i wanted to make it for Sp support. Also npcs with sabers act very weird and their animations are very very fast. It may work but like i said - it would take some time to change everything XS

Just know that if you did have it working, chances are that the clan that I lead (which has been around for roughly 12 steady years) would make good weekly use of it. We run co-op missions every 2nd week.

Re-runs are popular too so it would never really stop. We look to constantly expand it with new missions, currently around four exists and half are made by ourselves. 

Your work would actively live on for years to come and new members would constantly get to experience it. I think the concept looks fucking amazing and I loved the effort you put into the Vader SP mission. Even though this is "just an arena", I still believe it would work if it lasted at the very least 20 minutes or so. Tweaking the NPCs are always a possibility to prolong it otherwise too. Just as hopefully enough waves exist. (Or yknow, god forbid the .map file being shared lol).

I just wish we had more creators that also considered adding some SP-like maps to MP. I know the NPCs can be jerky, but the co-op aspect of bringing JK3 "levels" to MP is practically what I consider to be JK4.

Please oh please try to make it work, even if it is just a stripped down version for MP. You'd make a clan of over 100 members happy in the process. <3

z3filus, yeyo JK, Wasa and 1 other like this

I just wish we had more creators that also considered adding some SP-like maps to MP. I know the NPCs can be jerky, but the co-op aspect of bringing JK3 "levels" to MP is practically what I consider to be JK4.

So you mean like siege maps, co-op. It takes a HUGE amount of time to mod, trust me I know. I think we're dam lucky to have all these guys around to make these.

Langerd and z3filus like this

There are 2 optional features before going into the arena (I want to add more. Give me some ideas pls). Buttons that change the arena gameplay :.

Training remotes from Jedi Academy. For destroying resources to let you keep going.

Sort of challenge? Water would be pushing you towards the pit you would have to resist the flow and keep fighting enemies.

To be honest i want to focus on the SP because i know it better and i always preferd mechanics and gameplay here. Multiplayer was always very stiff and jerky for me. Npcs worked very strange and i always had problems with modding anything for multiplayer.

The project of CO OP missions for Jk3 is really something i call amazing. But the Mod which i would call new Jk3 is Movie Battles 2 because it not only have amazingly large amount of content but also - Multiplayer mechanics which changed Jk3 completely. I would be really proud if some one would fix issues with npcs and in this mod - make missions that are Challenging for 6 players for example where we fight enemies - or even make a last stand mode.

Sry but my biggest Interest was always Jk3 Singleplayer and Multiplayer was never my area. When i started to play Movie Battles 2 i enjoyed the mp experience and fresh and new game mechanics like never before.

Pickles256 likes this

So you mean like siege maps, co-op. It takes a HUGE amount of time to mod, trust me I know. I think we're dam lucky to have all these guys around to make these.

Not only the look but i believe gameplay is most important part of these maps. Without objectives and also map with flaws like places with objective where only jedi can get through - these are kind of issues that can completely ruin the experience ... and people will start saying that map is bad or even worse.

It is not easy to make maps.. with player model or weapon yeah it takes time but the idea and process is always the same - make model finish the model. With Maps? Texture work... models and also most important - level design .

We dont make maps for Mp that would be played by one person for example

Siegfried and Jeff like this