[WIP] Snoke's Praetorian Guard

As I had mentioned a while ago, I have begun to work on these guys.

Here's a fancy shot of what I have so far, I'm going to redo most of the upper cuirass and the plating around the arms though - the way I built them right now will make some of the later detailing work rather difficult.

b4DitDcl.png

maxresdefault.jpg

That looks..  sweeeeet

Delmi and PreFXDesigns like this

Still don't understand how such detailed model, specifically with the armor of his arms is low poly that will work for both vanilla and OpenJK

This is the base model for the final game mesh. I will build a simple lowpoly mesh over the durface of this highpoly mesh, I will then use the High Poly Mesh as the source Mesh for my Baking to transfer all of the modeled detail on it into textured detail for the lowpoly.

This will give me things like a proper normal map for rend2.

General Howard likes this

Still don't understand how such detailed model, specifically with the armor of his arms is low poly that will work for both vanilla and OpenJK

It works like that - you make a very detauled model first you even make a folds on the clothes and wrinkles scars on the face skin etc. To latere make a overlay model with simpler shape - the shape that will be optimalized for the game. And after that you bake these detailed elemnts of the first model ON the second model - that is secret of the magic. You put detail on the simple shaped model. Later with some techniques you add normal maps - this allows textures to catch lights and shadows on the realistic way so in the end resaults - you have simple model for jk3 with the textures that simulates shadow and lightning on the texture's details.

Watch AshuraDX clone trooper on this site

https://sketchfab.com/models/7a6eadecc3cd49a2ae39154c42b5a68f

And look closely on the models details. At first they were like sculpture but later - they were changed to be more a texture of the model. - check the wireframe for better looking

Noodle and dark_apprentice like this

It works like that - you make a very detauled model first you even make a folds on the clothes and wrinkles scars on the face skin etc. To latere make a overlay model with simpler shape - the shape that will be optimalized for the game. And after that you bake these detailed elemnts of the first model ON the second model - that is secret of the magic. You put detail on the simple shaped model. Later with some techniques you add normal maps - this allows textures to catch lights and shadows on the realistic way so in the end resaults - you have simple model for jk3 with the textures that simulates shadow and lightning on the texture's details.

Watch AshuraDX clone trooper on this site

https://sketchfab.com/models/7a6eadecc3cd49a2ae39154c42b5a68f

And look closely on the models details. At first they were like sculpture but later - they were changed to be more a texture of the model. - check the wireframe for better looking

@@dark_apprentice to further illustrate what @@Langerd just said:

This is the high Poly Mesh for my clone trooper:

and this is the game ready mesh built around the highpoly:

I'll be honest with you guys - I'm not sure that that is ever going to happen.

anyway, I did manage to do some mdoeling between rewriting portions of my map exporter code to accomodate the a better brush format.

49ciNJfl.png

Amazing! Their armors were different or they had different helmets only? 

I seem to remember that there were also minor differences in the armor.

I looked on the pics on google and .. i only see difference in their helmets. Maybe shoulders are little changed but nothinh much.

Amazing! Their armors were different or they had different helmets only? 

are you talking about the Praetorians or the clones in this sentence?

For the Phase 1 clones it's mostly the helemts and some very, very, very minor differences in the rest of the armor. Some of the hard creases on the surface of the armor follow a different path, the Troso armor has rounder pecs and the shoulder pads are a little different aswell.

For the Praetorians it's just the helmet that varies between them

Langerd likes this

I looked on the pics on google and .. i only see difference in their helmets. Maybe shoulders are little changed but nothinh much.

The lower part connecting the main chestplate to the hips part seem to have more vertical details than the Phase 2 version, at least according to this image. The straps connecting the front and back parts of the chest armor are also a bit different, they look more "flexible" than just hard pieces. The armor parts covering the arms also seem longer, giving more cover. Overall, minor details.

Langerd likes this

are you talking about the Praetorians or the clones in this sentence?

For the Phase 1 clones it's mostly the helemts and some very, very, very minor differences in the rest of the armor. Some of the hard creases on the surface of the armor follow a different path, the Troso armor has rounder pecs and the shoulder pads are a little different aswell.

For the Praetorians it's just the helmet that varies between them

I meant a praetorian guards here. Sry for confusing post but thanks for both ansers btw ;)

The lower part connecting the main chestplate to the hips part seem to have more vertical details than the Phase 2 version, at least according to this image. The straps connecting the front and back parts of the chest armor are also a bit different, they look more "flexible" than just hard pieces. The armor parts covering the arms also seem longer, giving more cover. Overall, minor details.

I see .. i didnt catched that . Interesting that Star Wars has always pay attention on details.