Modular 3d architectures programs

Hello. i ask this question because i passed mounths to search round the Web without never find what i am searching.

Basically i am searching a free, easy to use, windows xp compatible program (maybe that act like spore building \ vehicle \ ship editor) that allow to fastly create (so no archicad or autocad or other things like that) 3d models of buildings with every kind of architectures of every culture of humanity (or also sci fi building, fantasy buildings, castles, temple etc ) texture should be easily applied.

well basically program should work with modular \ kitbashing way: so with a library with tons of architectonioc elements of every kinds of doors, windows, columns, roofs, domes, etc. and the creation shoul be builded with drag and drop system. or something like that. thanks for every answer. i hope also, program can export in OBJ, DAE or 3DS the creations. 

this is related for a personal my science fiction project because i need something like that for easy make a inside plant map of alien buildings of my alien worlds or a external prospect.

Thanks so much to every one will answer to this hard question. i really not know more where to slam my head for that.

>.<

Noodle likes this

Can't you do this with Blender (or any 3D modeling software) and a personal library of free to use models, like those you can get in sites like free3d.com? 

I prefear to create with my own fantasy by starting elements my ideas (also because are aliens worlds... so... maybe also something less architectonic terrestrial modular parts, you know.... ) , but i see that this site have a bunch of good materials.

thanks. sure will turn useful.

From what I remember free3d.com also hosts free models. They're probably in the last pages after the tons of models for sale.

Another alternative is 3D Warehouse, but I'm not sure how much is there about architecture that might interest you.

The last option, I guess, is to find references of those architectures and prepare for 10³² hours of modelling :P

From what I remember free3d.com also hosts free models. They're probably in the last pages after the tons of models for sale.

Another alternative is 3D Warehouse, but I'm not sure how much is there about architecture that might interest you.

The last option, I guess, is to find references of those architectures and prepare for 10³² hours of modelling :P

Thanks for sites and... d'oh.

Well , i pretty surprised that NOONE in all web and computer history, never make a program like that. D:

Mmmm... it's a disgusting last option, but i fear the faster way is to create modular brushes on radiant of what i need (maybe also taking columns and architectonic elements by the thousand of map done for JKA in curse of time as prefab with ancient temple \ ancient peoples ambientation, building etc).

but i not like much to stolen bricks for making puzzles. also if they are just for my Own use and only for pure rappresentation of alien architectures.

And... also that not fully etically job his a 10^32 hours time... :(

pretty avoidable.

Noodle likes this

Thanks for sites and... d'oh.

Well , i pretty surprised that NOONE in all web and computer history, never make a program like that. D:

Mmmm... it's a disgusting last option, but i fear the faster way is to create modular brushes on radiant of what i need (maybe also taking columns and architectonic elements by the thousand of map done for JKA in curse of time as prefab with ancient temple \ ancient peoples ambientation, building etc).

but i not like much to stolen bricks for making puzzles. also if they are just for my Own use and only for pure rappresentation of alien architectures.

And... also that not fully etically job his a 10^32 hours time... :(

pretty avoidable.

Nothing wrong with creating prefabs based on the game's default maps, in my opinion. It can even be a time saver if you're learning how to do stuff like door frames and computers. 

Asgarath83 likes this

Nothing wrong with creating prefabs based on the game's default maps, in my opinion. It can even be a time saver if you're learning how to do stuff like door frames and computers. 

Well, Yavin, Korriban, Chandrila, Zonju V and Ord mantell have interessant architectures concepts,

there also some wonderful map like ruin of atlantis (is a pack with also a ziqqurat!), and i ve seen also pyramid maya maps and many other staff like that in various mod with temples... for egyptian wan of best work is of Stargate egypt map. for gothic the best world i ever seen is the residen evil mansion and the sith cathedral map 

however is just for some architectonic elements not more... mmmm... there are also chinese and japonese temple maps, but is no any source for angkor wat khmer style... pity, i love angkor architecture.

Well, Yavin, Korriban, Chandrila, Zonju V and Ord mantell have interessant architectures concepts,

there also some wonderful map like ruin of atlantis (is a pack with also a ziqqurat!), and i ve seen also pyramid maya maps and many other staff like that in various mod with temples... for egyptian wan of best work is of Stargate egypt map. for gothic the best world i ever seen is the residen evil mansion and the sith cathedral map 

however is just for some architectonic elements not more... mmmm... there are also chinese and japonese temple maps, but is no any source for angkor wat khmer style... pity, i love angkor architecture.

The Angkor architecture is very complex overall, so it's easy to think that noone's never really tackled it in the game. The closest Angkor-style architecture I can think of is the Gungan ancient towers and temples, at least the ones depicted in Star Wars: Galactic Battleground look closely like that, but I doubt any of the Naboo maps out there have anything similar that can be used.

Noodle likes this
  • 1 year later...

Update: open game art, 3darchive (for fornitures) and 3dwarehouse (for architectures) save my days, i can convert these stuff into quake 3 map arena files prefabs or MD3 models. 

the unique troubles are clothes, make human is very limitated and many clothes  of hisn author are not optimized for games. another trouble is to make creatures, alien races and characters, but i guess that kitbashing can help me for solve that.