Hypothetical Questions That Are Purely Hypothetical

Hypothetical Questions  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What era would you be most interested in exploring through in a single player mod for Jedi Academy?

• The Old Republic
    • The Clone Wars
    • The Galactic Civil War
    • Post RotJ (Original EU)
    • Post RotJ (Disney Canon)
    • Other (Comment Below)
  2. 2. Would you prefer to play as a Force sensitive character or something else?

• Force Sensitive
    • Muggle
    • Both (Play as more than one character.)
  3. 3. Good Guys or Bad Guys?

• The Good Guys
    • The Bad Guys
    • The Ugly Guys (Neutral)
    • A combination of characters.
    • Let me explain...

• 4 weeks later...

When I did play TOR, I enjoyed the Sith campaigns over the Jedi campaigns, but I chose 'a combination of characters' just to make it more interesting.

Also, define "Old Republic Era" - there are several periods that kinda fall into that category, to name a few:

• The Great Jedi Schism
  • The Second Jedi Schism (exile of the darksiders to Sith Space) and the Hundred-Year Darkness;
  • The KOTOR period (i.e. Mandalorian Wars, Jedi Civil War, Dark Wars)
  • The TOR period
  • The Ruusan Reformation (Bane's 'Rule of Two')
  • The immediate pre-movies and prequels period

Also, define "Old Republic Era" - there are several periods

That's what the "other" option is for!

You should just help with the Star Wars Saga mod. :P

I wouldn't be very good at making maps based on the films. I am terrible at making custom textures and shaders!

I'm interested in the Force Sensitivity results. May make an alteration to my plans off of that.

Quite late to the party, but still... my "other" I'd be interested to see, would be a Clone Wars era as it was imagined back before the prequels came out: from the little information back then, a conflict which occurred between 41 and 35 BBY, with the Galactic Republic and the Jedi fighting the mandalorian clones (this, at least, seemed to be the most widely accepted theory on how things went).

Other than that, well, of course, the Thrawn Trilogy era (9 ABY) or the Hand of Thrawn era (19 ABY).

the_raven likes this

Quite late to the party, but still... my "other" I'd be interested to see, would be a Clone Wars era as it was imagined back before the prequels came out: from the little information back then, a conflict which occurred between 41 and 35 BBY, with the Galactic Republic and the Jedi fighting the mandalorian clones (this, at least, seemed to be the most widely accepted theory on how things went).

Other than that, well, of course, the Thrawn Trilogy era (9 ABY) or the Hand of Thrawn era (19 ABY).

Where did the idea that the clones were Mandalorian came from, again? :huh:

But very good choise!

What's wrong with The Clone Wars conflict as it is? Anyway, that's not the thread for this, so...

I honestly think having a campaign during the GCW era where you're playing a non-sensitive Stormtrooper that's a good guy, but doesn't defect the Empire would be very interesting. The Clone Wars would be another interesting era based on the TV show, be it playing a jedi or a clone trooper there's lots of to go there. 

Where did the idea that the clones were Mandalorian came from, again? :huh:

But very good choise!

Wookieepedia says that the ESB novelization mentions the Mandalorians as having been defeated by the Jedi during the Clone Wars. The Galactic Empire Scrapbook also mentions the Clone Wars to have been between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians, at least as an early concept. I think it would be pretty interesting, as it wouldn't depict the canon Clone Wars, like a breath of fresh air.

What's wrong with The Clone Wars conflict as it is? Anyway, that's not the thread for this, so...

I honestly think having a campaign during the GCW era where you're playing a non-sensitive Stormtrooper that's a good guy, but doesn't defect the Empire would be very interesting. The Clone Wars would be another interesting era based on the TV show, be it playing a jedi or a clone trooper there's lots of to go there. 

To briefly answer the question, honestly, I don't really hate the "canon" Clone Wars - although I must admit I've only really liked the "major" multi-episodes missions, namely, the Battle of Geonosis, the mission to the Citadel, Umbara, and few others. Part of it is probably because there are just too many aspects that make it a kids series; I would have probably appreciated it more if it was on more serious notes like Republic Commando (so to mention another example of Clone Wars). I'm just more intrigued to see a different Clone Wars that has never been depicted, only imagined.

the_raven likes this

What's wrong with The Clone Wars conflict as it is?

I know it wasn't asked of me, but it's too good a question to waste ^_^

Basically, it was boring, superficial, and didn't focus nearly enough on the clones and the wars - it was all Jedi, and bs politics and economics. I'm not talking of just TCW cartoon, but the whole depiction of said conflict in general. Though that's just my opinion. The Republic Commando approach would have definitely been better, though I too am disappointed that what we got is different from what the Clone Wars were supposed to be, based on the OT (yes, we only got small scraps of it, but still, had they shot The Clone Wars in the 70's/ 80's, you can bet your knickers the would have been entirely different)

I know it wasn't asked of me, but it's too good a question to waste ^_^

Basically, it was boring, superficial, and didn't focus nearly enough on the clones and the wars - it was all Jedi, and bs politics and economics. I'm not talking of just TCW cartoon,

Wars are largely based on economics and politics, it's not just two armies having at it at themselves. It's also much more interesting(and also based on  the reality) for Palpatine to gain power through sheer deception rather than just conquering stuff like some generic warlord. But like I said, it's not a good topic to cover this. 

Jeff likes this

Wars are largely based on economics and politics, it's not just two armies having at it at themselves. It's also much more interesting(and also based on  the reality) for Palpatine to gain power through sheer deception rather than just conquering stuff like some generic warlord. But like I said, it's not a good topic to cover this. 

What's true is true, but personally, I'd rather not have this stuff in a franchise like Star Wars - it just doesn't fit, not will all the spiritual Jedi-driven fantasy.

But we digress.