Assimilate/Carcass error 4588

Go to solution Solved by minilogoguy18,

Hello!

So, I've been following @@minilogoguy18 tutorial on making custom animations in Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 and everything works properly (except there is no root_pose at frame -1), but when I open up Assimilate I get the error 4588. 

I think there might be a problem with my Softimage Mod Tool since when I Try to export to dotXSI using textures I get an error "Function not implemented in Mod Tool version"

Did any of you guys had the same problem and solved it somehow?

Thanks!

It's going to take me a minute to jog my memory on this. Can you send me the .EXP file (SMT scene) through private message? The function not implemented in Mod Tool error can be a few things, Autodesk tried to "cap" the exporter so that it couldn't be used for game engines but there are work-arounds, you need to double check your dotXSI export settings. I also need to see your Assimilate settings, they can be found in Edit>Preferences.

The biped has gone through a number of revisions since the video was made. I haven't really used it in years, everything lately has called for something totally custom (AT-ST, Gorc).

Oh, Pro Tip, you should increase your monitor resolution if possible, Softimage doesn't like a height less than 1024 pixels so on todays 16:9 monitors the minimum recommended resolution is 1920x1080. There is an option for a lower resolution but you have to collapse a lot of the menus to get access to everything on the side panels.

Dude. That error sucks. I was searching around all the internet when I had it and no one seemed to have a solution to it. Luckily I discovered my problem. Make sure you are using the Jedi Academy version of Assimilate/Carcass from here: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1137-jedi-academy-sdk/ and not the JK2 one. I was using the wrong one and that was what caused my error, hope it fixes it for you.

• Solution

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, you can export whatever as the start frame, carcass will re-sort the frames based on the dotXSI files it grabs and the first frame of the first sequence will be starting at frame 0 despite what it is in Softimage.

The problem is the missing root pose which can be at whatever frame number you want, as long as it's the frame before the start of the animation. This is why the model is skewed, it needs the root pose to figure the transforms of the merged animations.

I'll have to update the files description because the root pose is there, it's just been stored as an action sequence and I didn't have that feature there when I made the video.

@@gugatucci to add the root pose to the first frame of your animation...

1. Select any part of the rig
  2. Press F3 to open the synoptic page
  3. Go to the frame before your animation starts
  4. Select "Root Pose" on the right
  5. Select "Key All"
  6. Adjust timeline so that root is the first frame and all other frames are in your animation
  7. Export as normal

At some point I may have to make a new video on that rig, sorry about that, it's undergone a LOT of changes since the initial video was made.

Archangel35757 likes this