Sound Set error.

Go to solution Solved by Daedra,

No idea why I'm getting this but it happens when I try to do "devmap t2_trip".

MJf6Inu.jpg

Any help on what to add/alter?

Edit: Took a look in assets0.pk3 in music, I don't see t2_trip anywhere.

a35dc0eb9ff65c0177f1ef0a01563f3a.png

Can someone provide me with these assets?

You altered the original assets??

This weird.. you have the same assets... so no extra music for t2_trip you try the map command? not devmap?

Yes I tried both, and both give me that same error. I think it has to do with a file in assets0 in the sound>ambience but I'm not 100%.

Funny, I discovered the same error around last year :D

It's a major oversight in the original development of Jedi Academy (it doesn't occur with Jedi Outcast, since it doesn't allow custom sounds in multiplayer) and all maps that are using custom sounds are affected by it. Raven & Lucasarts simply forgotten to add support for multiple sound.txt files in the way GTK Radiant does with the various shaderlist.txt files, by simply adding them (shaderlist.txt, shaderlist(2).txt, etc).

This is why I released a soundset file which contains all custom sounds and soundset that I have used in my Jedi Academy maps (December 2016, currently four in total). That way, all of my maps can be used without adding/removing one and another. I was kinda hoping OpenJK would've identified this "problem" and added support for multiple custom soundsets in Jedi Academy maps, apparently they haven't.

Comes to think of it, does Jedi Academy/OpenJK support "soundstart" and "soundstop" values given to func_door entities in GTK Radiant ?? That might 'solve' the problem as well . . .

Signature.jpg

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Spoghettios said:

May I ask what the mod was that caused this issue? I'm having the same exact issue, in attempts to load the same exact map. I've cleared out all of my pk3 files and still, no progress. Any info would be helpful at this point.

Are you using OpenJK ?? If so, then it's a possibility that there are still PK3 files in your roaming folder. You can find them in C:\Users\<Your name here>\Documents\My Games\OpenJK -folder. Try removing them and see if the problem persists . . .

Signature.jpg