Dismembering causes duplicate bodies

Hello! Recently I've noticed this strange issue in my game (using OpenJK). When dismembering characters, sometimes theres a chance that a body part will actually be a full body which causes two dead bodies to appear (or sometimes multiple heads/arms). Sometimes I noticed this with modded NPCs and figured it was glitches with that... but then I'm noticing it happening with default NPCs too, such as Jedi. I removed all modded content to see if it would stop and it has not. Has this glitch always existed and I just haven't really noticed until now?  If it's possible to remove this then that would be nice, at first it was funny but now its getting a bit too frequent...

Here are some screencaps:

XwTqRoP.png

sFV8aSH.png

1Oigxdx.png

Its really frustrating to replicate btw since its completely random but happens about 1/3rd of the time, and just enough to be annoying imo lol...

dg1995 likes this

@@RecklessJames so far I have only seen this happen with custom models, the cause for this is usually a bad model hierarchy. Can you reproduce this with all of the base game's models?

Or is it just a select few of them?

If it's the latter I'd assume that someone at Raven did something wrong when creating that particular model.

Forgot to mention, I am using OpenJK btw.

@@AshuraDX Yeah, normally that's what I would notice too in the past... seeing it with custom models sometimes. But today was the first time seeing it with a base character.

When I first had noticed this, it was with the "jedi2" NPC while I was testing something unrelated. After repeating similar actions a few times, I noticed it kept happening! Worst case (and most noticeable) was when it goes to the extreme of duplicating an entire body on some occasions, lol.

But I recently did some new tests and I think I may have learned a few things, although still a bit random to really tell. But I think it may have something to do with the hidden lightsaber styles (the ones you can only use with cheats or editing files) since I tested for about 30 to 40min on a few different NPCs using different styles and noticed it gave varied results. The forbidden styles seemed to produce the issue more often on different types of NPCs I think... at least seemingly at first, because whenever I tested on that specific "jedi2" NPC again then it seems to happen very often regardless of what style I use... very puzzling lol. For Stormtroopers in particular the most I could get was a duplicate arm and that's it, no matter what. Oh yeah and it seems to happen when attacking the upper chest area.

Here are new screenshots I took:

S737fHv.png

tD8CmPQ.png

2jHurCA.png

vWVWYBc.png

2gMWbYk.png

So yeah... still not sure what's causing it but all I know is that "jedi2" seems to do it the most out of the handfull of NPCs I tested, it also happens a bit often with other Jedi depending on lightsaber style used. Custom models too (which I find normal and expected). As for the lightsaber theory, that could also just be a coincidence and not a cause at all... I would have to cut up people for hours to really narrow things down tbh, lmao! And again I removed all mods to see if that made a difference and also reinstalled my asset files, same results... only thing I haven't done yet is test it without using OpenJK. I suppose I'll try that tomorrow and I'll share any results...

Oops forgot to post an update here! But yeah wanted to say that I haven't been noticing it happening much anymore lol.... I guess it really was just that specific Jedi and a few modded characters, but once I ignored it I kinda forgot about it tbh haha! I also tested it without OpenJK and noticed it would still happen sometimes. So yeah, who knows!