File Approval Slow.

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

I've been staff since 2013 and I guarantee any time a file was approved the same day it was submitted was by chance that a staff member had free time that day. We have always made it a point that file approvals get done when they get done. And though we try our best to get them approved quickly, it may not be for a couple days. 

Need I remind people of the jk3files days when file approvals took literally weeks, sometimes months. I'd say a couple days is an adequate time frame for volunteers to approve files for a 15 year old game.

Jeff, Lancelot, eezstreet and 4 others like this

I know for a fact that there are a plethora of files that have been sent for approval, but it seems like they're taking a bit longer to get approved.

Files used to get approved on the same day as when you submitted them.

There are several reasons why the file approval is "slow". One major reason is, of course, that this site is administrated, moderated and maintained by people.

Even though they take their time to review files and approve them, it doesn't mean that they can do this 24/7. Also, they have way more important things in their lifes to care about,

like their jobs or their families. Because of that, there is little time to go to this site and approve files. If you saw one of your files getting approved the same day you submitted it, maybe

you've just been lucky.

That being said, I hope you understand the reasons. You just have to be patient.

Circa and TheWhitePhoenix like this
  • Solution

Also, and I've explained this a few times already in other threads and statuses, but we are doing a huge amount of work behind the scenes with getting JKHub 2.0 up and running. It's been a lot of work and there's still a lot to do. So a lot of our time that we'd be spending doing file approvals and moderation are mostly being spent working on that. So yes, file approvals are slower than normal lately, and I apologize for that. But hopefully you understand why that is. I'll be sure to be a bit more proactive with it when I can.

Lancelot, TheWhitePhoenix and Bek like this