Ent Modding, several issues.

Hello, unsword here, some of you may know my old ffa3 yavin entity modification that I've originally posted to jk3files.

At a time most basic brush manipulation, placing non solid *.md3 models, retexturing and inserting additional play room with bsp models was enough, it really isn't anymore as I've visited some very creative modifications out there, and came up with ideas on my own.
Spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure stuff myself but I guess I'm not bright enough ;)

Thefore, as suggested by Circa, I've came here to ask you guys for help.

a) bmodel manipulation.

Right here, before anything, I want to mention and honor BobaFett's fantastic Ultra Utility. can't thank you enough for that toolbox.

I don't know. Its silly but I'm finding myself unable to rotate bmodels in any possible way. Tried using both, "angle" "x" and "angle" "x y z". Giving the first value to func_door changes its location, not rotation, as given by entity reference from GTKRadiant, it: "determines the opening direction". func_static does not react to any angle values.

edit: well nevermind, i've figure that one out :P

b) bmodel model2 *.md3 model

I'm not certain its actually possible on multiplayer, as I only know of misc_model_health_power_converter and misc_model_statics that are capable of displaying actual *.md3 models.
I was attempting to use an invisible moving bmodel func_door with model2 *.md3 file to make it look as the *.md3 model is moving up and down. Again, no success.

edit: also figured this one out, thanks for input guys.

a) Icarus scripting

As the game gets older less people play and we want to keep people on the same server, while not everyone enjoys the same playstyle. I've came up with the idea to create different room's for Force Users. I've been trying to make scripts granting force powers on room enter, and taking them away when leaving. yet i can't make the script work.

hlMTo98.png

b) More Icarus

Tried making a non-pvp area using set SET_SABERACTIVE true which, heh, suprisingly works, but not the way I would like, the saber is being turned off but not forcing the slashing animation to end. The script allows using kata moves, dfa, butterflies and pretty much all long animation moves.

Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

ooeJack and Smoo like this

model2 is md3 only from my experience. But if your model is invisible, how will you know if it's doing what you want? :P model2 models also need an origin to tell where it needs to go. So maybe you have it correct but it's not where you think it is?

@@Ramikad may be able to help regarding scripting. But like I said before, if a server has force powers enabled, pretty sure you can't just enable them via script.

Can't help in this case, I've never really done any MP scripting, and not for players anyway. At the very best I can wildly suggest to try

//(BHVD)
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_LOCK_PLAYER_WEAPONS", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );

for the "safe zone" script, but I'm not sure if that would work. I don't really have any idea for the first script, but due to how different it is to set Force powers in MP in comparison to SP I'm really not sure if it's doable.

Circa likes this

model2 is md3 only from my experience. But if your model is invisible, how will you know if it's doing what you want? :P model2 models also need an origin to tell where it needs to go. So maybe you have it correct but it's not where you think it is?

@@Ramikad may be able to help regarding scripting. But like I said before, if a server has force powers enabled, pretty sure you can't just enable them via script.

@@Circa, I ment bmodel to be invisible and md3 model being visible :P

i looked up the codes used in singleplayer map t1_rail it goes like this

{
"spawnflags" "8"
"script_targetname" "script_raven_hunter3"
"targetname" "hunter3"
"modelAngles" "0 360 0"
"model2" "models/map_objects/cinematics/ravensclaw.md3"
"classname" "func_static"
"origin" "24128 0 992"
"model" "*22"
}

I had no luck making it work though ;C

Can't help in this case, I've never really done any MP scripting, and not for players anyway. At the very best I can wildly suggest to try

//(BHVD)
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_LOCK_PLAYER_WEAPONS", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );

for the "safe zone" script, but I'm not sure if that would work. I don't really have any idea for the first script, but due to how different it is to set Force powers in MP in comparison to SP I'm really not sure if it's doable.

Thanks man! I'll try this and get back here.

edit; well okay i've tried your thing, it didn't work out sadly. i've also tested SET_INVINCIBLE, SET_FORCE_INVINCIBLE, SET_NOFORCE and SET_UNDYING as to change non-pvp area into area you can't be killed in, still no success here.

@@Ramikad Maybe it isnt SET_SABERACTIVE thats wrong for the task but the way I'm using it? Maybe putting it on lesser delay and infinite loop would trigger saber closing faster?

edit; k nvm loop was a bad idea