Hi, I'm Nib

Niborino

Hi, been surfing anonymously until today. Wanted to join since I enjoy the mods I have downloaded. I haven't done any modding for the Jedi Knight games but I have modded for the Bethesda games Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout 3, New Vegas and soon 4. Mainly small things like texture edits, followers and one quest. So nothing advanced :P

I am used to the Nexus Mods sites where you can upload pictures on dedicated mod pages and such so seeing how this site works is quite the contrast. But I am sure I will like it.  :lol:

I haven't tried much modding for the JK games as I said earlier but the new Star Wars movies coming out has put me into a Star Wars frenzy, so went back to Jedi Academy for a Star Wars fix!  :kylo:  :kyle:  It was a good while since I played Jedi Academy so I'm extremely happy to see that the mods just keep evolving :)

TheWhitePhoenix and Circa like this

Welcome, Nib. :) I'll tell you that learning to mod the JK games, Outcast and Academy mainly, is easy. I actually started with them then moved to KOTOR, then the Bethesda games (Mainly Fallout) in modding, but I'll tell you that once you get the hang of it, it'll be like you've done it for 10+ years.

Thank you! ;D Yeah I am quite familiar with how the Bethesda games are set-up in regards to modding but modding for the JK games seems a bit more advanced. With the Bethesda games you're lucky to have the program they used to create the game. But small steps.  :sun:

And it seems like the Reply Interface and such is the same as they use on the Nexus Forums so that's good since I'm used to that format :)

Welcome. To be honest, modding JKA is probably easier. The pk3 file format makes it so convenient. We have the mapping program that the developers used, GTK Radiant, so you can create maps just like they did. Pakscape makes delving into pk3 files super easy. Tools that came in the SDK are huge help for many things as well. Hopefully you enjoy your time!

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Welcome. To be honest, modding JKA is probably easier. The pk3 file format makes it so convenient. We have the mapping program that the developers used, GTK Radiant, so you can create maps just like they did. Pakscape makes delving into pk3 files super easy. Tools that came in the SDK are huge help for many things as well. Hopefully you enjoy your time!

What's SDK? S... Development Kit? Yeah, the pk3 format is neat, found out from somewhere here that I can just rename it to zip to open it :)

Edit: Think I found it: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1137-jedi-academy-sdk/

Hello Nib! I never did like Nexus Mods but there are plenty of people that do I suppose.

Each to his own :) Mainly mentioned that to compare since it's the only other modding community I have been apart of :)

What's SDK? S... Development Kit? Yeah, the pk3 format is neat, found out from somewhere here that I can just rename it to zip to open it :)

Edit: Think I found it: https://jkhub.org/files/file/1137-jedi-academy-sdk/

Each to his own :) Mainly mentioned that to compare since it's the only other modding community I have been apart of :)

Software Development Kit, yes. :D Be sure to check out our tutorial section as well. :)

Smoo likes this