Top 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About JK2 and JKA

That only happens when you have Force sense activated at level three and at least 50 Force points for Force speed.

really? huh, I guess I never knew that since I always cheat max out the Force powers during my playthroughs :rolleyes::D

Haven't seen them either, to be honest.

Strangely enough noone has posted this yet: you can actually kill the Sand Burrowers with two or three thermal detonators. I'm not sure how many players don't (or didn't at the start) know about this, but I didn't because there was no indication that they were damaged by anything. Explosives, lightsabers, Force powers or even spamming a lovely npc spawn luke to help me against those beasts seemed to give no results. Probably I should have catched the subtle hint due to the presence of several thermal detonator belts around the map, but I feel like this level was VERY unforgiving, with no hand holding or tutorials, and even still, finding out on your own that you are actually able to kill them feels really rewarding in my opinion.

So they can be killed without cheats? :huh:

I always thought the thermal dets were there to use as bait for the burrowers so you could get the parts.

But the intention of the developers to put several thermal detonator belts around the map is to distract the worm by the sound, not to kill it, as in the movie Tremors.

Not sure about the devs' intention, but at least it worked

7. There are several references to The Matrix movie in the Jedi Academy cheats.

Iknowkungfu: what Neo says when he learns a lot of martial arts.

Thereisnospoon: what a boy tells to Neo when he bends a spoon telekinetically.

8. Only Kyle can grab you during the fight of the Dark Side ending, something the player can get by writing "Iknowkungfu" on the console and pressing both mouse buttons while standing near an NPC.

9. The longest horizontal jump is done by activating both Force speed at level three and Force jump at level three, but in the original game it is never necessary to travel that distance.

10. Mind trick is the Force power with greater reach of all.

7) Knew it. Never understood the thereisnospoon bit, neither in the Matrix, nor in the game - I mean, what does an allegedly non-existing spoon have to do with a spinning camera? <_<

8) Knew it

9) Knew it. I actually used it on a couple of instances, like in t3_rift or taspir1, but mostly for aesthetic pleasure, since you're right, there are no gaps wide enough that required the jump.

10) But still not great enough :P

So they can be killed without cheats? :huh:

I always thought the thermal dets were there to use as bait for the burrowers so you could get the parts.

Not sure about the devs' intention, but at least it worked

Yes, two thermal detonators are enough to kill one. Though considering the available detonators in the map are a fraction in comparison to how many are needed to kill them all off (there is a total of 166 sand burrowers spawned in waves, so you'd need 332 thermal detonators, and only if all of them are eaten), yes, they are probably intended to distract the sand burrowers to reach the ship parts.

eezstreet likes this

4) Didn't know that, mostly because of the annoying sound, but also because it was hardly relevant to me.

The fact that Force sense enhances your hearing could have been used for sound puzzles, but unfortunately they did not take advantage of this opportunity nor did the modders.

there is a total of 166 sand burrowers spawned in waves

You're joking? :o:huh:

When I use the kill all command, I can barely find 6-10 burrower corpses, either the command is also "killing" their spawning script, or there's something really messed up about the level

Jeff likes this

You're joking? :o:huh:

When I use the kill all command, I can barely find 6-10 burrower corpses, either the command is also "killing" their spawning script, or there's something really messed up about the level

Serious :P

As you thought, npc kill all basically kills all the enemies currently on the map as well as all the NPC spawners - the console indeed reads "killing NPC named (null)" and "killing NPC spawner named (null)". They are probably limited to that small bunch to prevent too much lag and to give the player a fair fight. There's a total of 131 spawners around the level, some of which are set to spawn five monsters in multiple waves.

the_raven likes this

Serious :P

As you thought, npc kill all basically kills all the enemies currently on the map as well as all the NPC spawners - the console indeed reads "killing NPC named (null)" and "killing NPC spawner named (null)". They are probably limited to that small bunch to prevent too much lag and to give the player a fair fight. There's a total of 131 spawners around the level, some of which are set to spawn five monsters in multiple waves.

Aha. Okay :D

• 2 years later...

Okay, bringing it back.

1. If you keep the crouch button pressed while using a long jump, half the time you'll be going further than you would've if you didn't.
    Also bind 'thereisnospoon' to a key... press that key... then do a long jump right after? The jump is about 40-50% longer than if you do it normally and for a moment, it looks like you're actually gonna fly. Which is amazing, frankly, because this allows you to cross things that are waaaay out of reach, like:
    1. The two plateaus on the Tusken mission, where you have a bridge to cross, right out of the first cave section? You don't need to cross it. Just use (what I've now dubbed) "ULTRA JUMP"!
    2. When you disarm the second bomb on Bakura, just Ultra Jump across the chasm, instead of going back through the mine corridor again.
    3. You can literally cover any distance on Kril'Dor, in fact with the ultra jump, the risk is jumping too far.
    4. You can cross the chasm on Korriban2.
  2. You can Force Push concussion rifle shots and rockets back, and the secondary attack of the heavy repeater... but you can do that with flechettes too! They're slower too, so it's much easier to repel.
  3. The cultist_destroyer kills everyone, to my surprise, not just good guys.
  4. Force Lightning 2 has a farther reach than Force Lightning 3.
  5. Mind Trick 2 is overall more efficient than Mind Trick 3, imo.
    Mind Trick 2 makes you invisible to your enemies' eyes, but can also stop a rancor in its tracks, and make one of those mercs on a swoop dismount his bike and just stand there.
    Mind Trick 3... let's say you're on Korriban 2, and killed a friendly Jedi in front of another Jedi. All the friendlies turn against you. And so do the stormtroopers you've put under your Mind Trick 3 spell! So if you're on playerteam free, all Mind Trick 3 will get you is that your victim will try to kill you and the enemy, rather than just the enemy.
    However, if you use Mind Trick 3 on an opponent, turning them, then setmindtrick 2 in the console, that opponent remains a good guy with no time limit.
  6. You can turbo punch someone, like Windu does in the  old Clone Wars cartoon. Just give yourself iknowkungfu, save the game, quit then reload it, and boom: no judo moves like the ones Kyle_boss does, but you can basically hit someone at super speed, by combining the punches with Force Speed 2 or over.
  7. On Kril'Dor, after you activate the beacon waaaay at the bottom of the facility, if you use noclip and speed upwards while you're on the elevator, that will make the spawning flying troopers have rocket launchers, instead of the heavy repeaters.
  8. In the rancor level where you need to save the prisoners? You know how every time you go down that elevator there's a new wave of baddies waiting to fight you, in the cantina? 1st time, it's a bunch of Gran, then the Trandoshans, then the trip mines and a gran? There's a 4th wave, if you go down the elevator after saving the elders, where 2 trandoshans, 1 gran and 1 rodian sniper are waiting for you.
  9. On Chandrila, anything that requires Force Sense to find it also requires you to be actually having Force Sense on, to use it. Like, the big door that you need to Force Pull open? It won't open unless you used Force Sense, even for a second.
  10. Small glitch on Taspir 2, fun to exploit: if you save the game right before landing on the platform where you find Rosh and consider killing him or sparing him, when you load that game, you will find yourself witnessing the cutscene from a 3rd person shooter POV, in-game. As in, you will be watching the you, Rosh, Alora and Kyle npcs interact, and you can keep on doing what you want, chop em in half, push em around, whatever.
  11. Also, on Taspir 2 there is this box-like item, right before you reach the first checkpoint. It interacts with Force Pushes and Pulls, which allows you to quite literally bludgeon your opponents to death with it, and carry it with you with Force Pulls. Even the Reborn Master is powerless against the power of the box of doom.
  12. Most 'boss fights' have something breakable as part of their environment. In the Rosh fight, it's the pillars, in the 2nd Alora fight, it's the boxes, and in the Tavion/Ragnos fight, it's the torches.
  13. The best way to beat Tavion with the Ragnos Scepter while they're doing their laser beam thing, is if you Force Grip her and just chuck her in the air, which is a surprisingly easy thing to do.
  14. The Ragnos Scepter's laser beam is a concentrated non-stop version of the disruptor rifle's beam.
  15. A group of 4-5 Tuskens have a solid chance of winning against a new reborn warrior.
Smoo and Circa like this
  • 6 months later...

New findings:

1. If you use a disruptor to disintegrate the body of say, a dead Rebel NPC in front of another Jedi NPC, then that other Jedi will try and kill you for treason, just as it would if you killed any ally in front of another ally.
  2. When you jump from a higher point, the fall damage is reduced if you crouch, and it's reduced even further if you roll the second you hit the ground.
  3. You fall from a high point but miraculously land in a body of water! Hurray, no fall damage, right? Wrong. The second you hit the floor at the bottom of the water, or walk/jump out of the water and land anywhere, the fall damage kicks in.
  4. On the starting point of Taspir 1, if you noclip through the first building and get to the other side of it, you will find the two bridges that you're supposed to unlock (one at the very top, one across the sea of lava) already unlocked. 
  5. You wanna fight with your bare hands? Cool. Put in "iknowkungfu" and you can, right? The downside to that cheat code is that it also maxes out ALL your Force stats. Mind Trick becomes Mind Trick 4, etc etc You just want a fair mano a mano fight with no boosts? Write give weapon_melee and that'll do the trick.
  6. SP Mode of Jedi Academy has a limit to how many new models it'll compute. Not many downsides, but as a result of this you will stop seeing certain NPC in the game, like weequays and the occasional wild tauntaun. And as a result of that, if you try to play the Mos Eisley level, it will stop midgame and crash, because the cinematic no longer has any weequays in the scene.
  7. On Hoth 1, you've managed to kill the AT-ST and have now entered the base. If you decide to walk out, there'll be an additional legion of stormtroopers waiting for you, if you're on 'Jedi Master' difficulty.
  8. If you jump then no clip while keeping the space bar pressed, you actually keep consuming Force energy like a really long jump would.
  9. The 'give force' cheat only restores your Force up to 100. If your full Force bar is at, say, 250, you'll still need to wait a bit before your levels are full once again.
  10. Rodians are arguably the weakest enemy NPCs in the game. While every other enemy NPC requires at least two mouse-click low-powered headshots, the Rodians only require one.
  11. If you unlock the Raven's Claw first, on Tatooine (Mos Eisley), and use Force Sense, you can actually see Chewie walk away from that gunfight he was in, with those guys who cornered him. They're all lying dead.
Smoo, NumberWan and Asgarath83 like this
  • 2 months later...

a personal thought about jedi outcast: the last cairn lever when you need to be avoid to be detected and captured by imperial when you try to jump on doomgiver ship remember me metal gear solid and the stealth game mode of it.

i didn't knew of Force Sight aim improving on player, very interesting! :D

i Knew of saber staff cutted off, but never happened to me.

now i am replaying jedi outcast, i forgot how was cool this game. is an action game full of puzzles and labyrinths, very strategically. is a failure that modern super HD Unreal 4 engine games and modern games lack so much into puzzles and enigma.

the maps of Jedi outcast are very smalls compared to open world games, but i spent hours to move around the mazes asking to myself "now where i go? now what i do? argh, i'm trapped! damn, where hell is the panels for enter the codes?

Damnx2, What's mean "power offline???!" <-- myself into kejim outpost level main pit for activate elevator for jump into secret crystal lab. "

from what is spawned this jerky with rocket launcher??? how craps i reach the other side of canyon into doomgiver reactor if he destroy my platform?!?!?"

lol, amazing game. 🙂

thanks for info, guys. :)

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2018 at 7:03 PM, Username said:

There are other levels of force powers beyond level 3

LVL 5 DRAIN - Can drain enemies even if they have absorb on

LVL 5 SPEED - Makes you run at speeds of "timescale 99" 

LVL 5 SABER THROW - You can throw your lightsaber to infinite lenghts until your force meter goes to zero

LVL 5 SABER DEFENSE - You can't deflect blaster bolts 

LVL 5 SABER OFFENSE - pushes harder in saber locks/parries 

LVL 5 PUSH/PULL - Push and pull don't push or pull anything so they become worse than lvl 1 and thus are useless.

LVL 5 JUMP - Makes you jump to a height between lvl1 and lvl2 jump while retaining the ability to make wall acrobatics.

LVL 4 MINDTRICK - Makes you able to control any npc 

LVL 5 DARKRAGE - Crashes the game

LVL 5 GRIP - Instakills enemy in one second (Deals 1000 damage)

Other FPs dont do anything else

Actually dude, you are a bit wrong here:

LVL 5+ ABSORB - make absorption more stronger and can even absorb LVL 5 Lightning or Drain 

LVL 5+ LIGHTNING - make force Lightning more deadly and stronger and can't be absorb even from force ABSORB on LVL 3

LVL 4 (Only) PROTECT - make the user block 100% of the damage from lightsaber or blasters even if you fall from higher, but it do not protect you from DRAIN or LIGHTNING force powers and also have shorter time than LVL 3

About LVL 5 DARK RAGE - it is true it crash the game but only if you move if you stay still it won't but then you are basically god, you can't die and the effect of rage continues forever, if you apply this on the NPC character they can use this power to be unkillable, unless they have FP ABSORB or PROTECT to interrupt the dark side FP 

If you set LVL 4 on DARK RAGE - you can use it, without worry it will crash, but it's making you slower than if you use lvl2-3 Dark Rage and the effect will be shorter than LVL2 or LVL3