Jedi Academy turned 20 this year! We celebrated in a ton of different ways: mod contest, server event, podcast, etc. Thank you to all who have been a part of this game for the last two decades. Check out the anniversary content!

Read more

Welcome to JKHub

This community is dedicated to the games Star Wars: Jedi Outcast (2002) and Jedi Academy (2003). We host over 3,000 mods created by passionate fans around the world, and thousands of threads of people showcasing their works in progress and asking for assistance. From mods to art to troubleshooting help, we probably have it. If we don't, request or contribute!

Get started

This game turned 20 years old this year, and it is still one of the greatest Star Wars games of all time. If you're new or returning from a long hiatus, here are the basics of getting started with Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy in 2023.

Read more

Combining PK3's

Shadow

Warning: You should NEVER combine major pk3 files like the Assets pk3s. I also don't recommend combining things that might be temporary or things like a new mod (mods you havent used yet or in a long time), maps that contains vehicles, animation mods, or something you might want to take out someday. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP of the original files, you never know when something bad might happen.

For this Tutorial I am gonna use 3 skins from the JAWA skinpack. I placed them in a folder outside of base as a backup in case I mess somethign up.

Step 1: Open Pakscape. Select File --> New.

spacer.png

Step 1.5: If it is in full screen mode, click the inner windowed button to make the mode windowed

spacer.png

This is how it should look:

spacer.png

Step 2: Highlight and drag the files you want to combine into pakscape. Highlight them all and drag them to the blank/grey area in packscape (so they open). Your result should be like the image below.

spacer.png

Step 2.5: Spread the inner windows out until you can see them clearly (step not required but it is nice to see the windows organized).

spacer.png

Step 3: Highlight files/folders and drag them to the untitled/new file. The animated image below shows what I did.

spacer.png

Step 4:

• Close all inner windows EXCEPT the untitled/new file.
  • In the main menu bar, click FIle --> Save As
  • Make sure you save it as a Quake 3 Pak (pk3) file. (the program usually choses Zip as default).

spacer.png

For this tutorial I named mine CombinedSkins

spacer.png

Step 5:

• Take out the original files from your base folder
  • Put your new file in the base folder
  • You are Finished!. Open JKA and test it out.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.