MUG

Mapping Video Tutorial Series

This series will teach you everything you need to know to make maps from the ground up, I hope you find it helpful. I recommend watching them in maximum quality so you can see what I am doing clearly.

Part 1: The Basics and Your First Room

Part 2: Brushwork and Shaders

Part 3: Liquids, Lighting and Compiling

Part 4: Doors, Triggers, Soundsets and Grid Sizes

Part 5: Point Based Entities - Pickups, NPCs, Models and Effects

Part:6 Messages Deathdrops, Speakers, Teleporters and Jump-pads

DarthValeria and Smoo like this

No idea why they disappeared. Our whole YouTube account was shut down for no reason at all.

No idea why they disappeared. Our whole YouTube account was shut down for no reason at all.

Likely some bad automatic copyright strike, probably had Star Wars music in the background or something on one of the videos and got dinged.  Youtube's copyright policies are notoriously bad.

3 hours ago, NAB622 said:

I was considering doing something like this a little while back, would anyone actually be interested?

It would be cool

On 1/22/2020 at 1:20 PM, NAB622 said:

I was considering doing something like this a little while back, would anyone actually be interested?

More resources are always a good thing, Nab!

DarthValeria likes this

On 1/22/2020 at 2:20 PM, NAB622 said:

Please do, these tutorial series helped me learn mapping and I wish they still existed so badly so I could share them with others.

3 hours ago, NAB622 said:

It's coming, just.....reeeeally slow, as always. There's a lot of games that could benefit, so I'll try to make them as game-neutral as possible.

We cant wait ^_^

NAB622 likes this

On 4/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, NAB622 said:

It's coming, just.....reeeeally slow, as always. There's a lot of games that could benefit, so I'll try to make them as game-neutral as possible.

Any progress? ^^

Yes, actually, although it's still slow going. This topic is having me rethink a few angles:

I might actually end up making a branch of Radiant just to fix a few of the really awful bugs in 1.6, but I'm not really sure yet. Depends on how deep the problems go.

Circa and fullkevlar like this