Weird Dismemberment issue

There is something that pisses me off in this game - the dismemberment sometimes works and sometimes not. 

When i play my cloud City map - there are enemies that i can dismember with lightsaber but other ones i cant. I typed the g_Debugdamage code to see if game will act right - means the hitlocation mechanic will work ... it doesnt work. One enemy will be dismember able completely the other ones .. not. 

Later i looked in the cheat codes for the game and found this -

cg_dismember

g_dismember 

g_sabermorerealistic 

g_dismemberment

g_dismemberprobabilities

the last one i made with bold font ... why? Because name of the code should be an answer. I have it set up on 100... doesnt work 100% of the time.. Again the same enemies i can cut into pieces the others... not. I played my map sooo many times .. i now even remember who can be dismemberment and who cant... i is .. weird.

EDIT: I remember that jedi outcast doesnt have that issue... just g_saberrealisticcombat setted on 2 and everyone were like kebab

Edited by Langerd
  • 4 weeks later...

@@Langerd @ Here, try these settings in your "autoexec" (or whichever you use) and please tell me the results!

set cg_dismember 2

set com_blood 1

set g_dismember 100

set g_dismemberment 3

set g_DismemberProbabilities 0

set g_SaberMoreRealistic 3

set saberdamagescale 1000

Setting the probabilities to 100 only works if the NPC's probabilities are also set to 100 or higher... otherwise it gets overridden and won't always work. BUT setting it to 0 negates all of it, and completely ignores probabilities altogether meaning anyone can be dismembered no matter what. After tons of trial and error, this is what I came up with that ensures it works. (and also looking at lots of tutorials and doing experiments lol)

The only other reason why it wouldn't work is due to dismembering limits within maps. After a certain point, spawned NPCs no longer have dismembering due to an in-game limit that's built in or something like that. You'd need a custom install of OpenJK that increases this limit I believe. (although I can't help with that as it involves coding, someone else will have to help with that sadly)

Siegfried likes this

@@Langerd @ Here, try these settings in your "autoexec" (or whichever you use) and please tell me the results!

set cg_dismember 2

set com_blood 1

set g_dismember 100

set g_dismemberment 3

set g_DismemberProbabilities 0

set g_SaberMoreRealistic 3

set saberdamagescale 1000

Setting the probabilities to 100 only works if the NPC's probabilities are also set to 100 or higher... otherwise it gets overridden and won't always work. BUT setting it to 0 negates all of it, and completely ignores probabilities altogether meaning anyone can be dismembered no matter what. After tons of trial and error, this is what I came up with that ensures it works. (and also looking at lots of tutorials and doing experiments lol)

The only other reason why it wouldn't work is due to dismembering limits within maps. After a certain point, spawned NPCs no longer have dismembering due to an in-game limit that's built in or something like that. You'd need a custom install of OpenJK that increases this limit I believe. (although I can't help with that as it involves coding, someone else will have to help with that sadly)

That would be a good thing to change.. it is annoying.. stupid and i rly dont like it... And it is weird - there is nothing new happening on the screen than caps showing up when we cut someone. 

Anyone knows how to fix this with some code work? 

EDIT: From the observation - this happens with the saber only because i made weapons to dismember .. and.. guess what... - They dismember everytime with guns not with saber so there must be some block in the code.

Edited by Langerd

Ok i just checked the Jedi outcast ... and after i turned on the dismember g_saberrealisticcombat 3 which no longer works in the Jk3 i ... spawned 30 imperial officers... Everyone of them were .. lost limbs. 

So i am 100% sure that Jedi Academy has some code block for the lightsaber ONLY. I can dismember every enemy with my guns - i can dismember them with scripts .. but i cant do that with saber. 

Anyone knows how to fix this annoying shit?

EDIT:

In Wp_saber  line 2276 i found this

//Get the hit location based on surface name
if ( (hitLoc[hitEntNum[numHitEnts]] == HL_NONE && trHitLoc[numHitEnts] == HL_NONE)
|| (hitDismemberLoc[hitEntNum[numHitEnts]] == HL_NONE && trDismemberLoc[numHitEnts] == HL_NONE)
|| (!hitDismember[hitEntNum[numHitEnts]] && !trDismember[numHitEnts]) )
{//no hit loc set for this ent this damage cycle yet
//FIXME: find closest impact surf *first* (per ent), then call G_GetHitLocFromSurfName?
//FIXED: if hit multiple ents in this collision record, these trSurfName, trDismember and trDismemberLoc will get stomped/confused over the multiple ents I hit
trSurfName = gi.G2API_GetSurfaceName( &g_entities[coll.mEntityNum].ghoul2[coll.mModelIndex], coll.mSurfaceIndex );
trDismember[numHitEnts] = G_GetHitLocFromSurfName( &g_entities[coll.mEntityNum], trSurfName, &trHitLoc[numHitEnts], coll.mCollisionPosition, dmgDir, bladeDir, MOD_SABER, saberType );
if ( trDismember[numHitEnts] )

It is annoying ..  i believe not only for me.
  • 2 years later...
On 2/10/2018 at 3:07 PM, Langerd said:

I found the issue! in the code we must change this value 

file wp_saber.cpp 

#define MAX_SABER_VICTIMS 100 to for example #define MAX_SABER_VICTIMS 600

It works for me. Every enemy is now dismember able !

So could you upload a file, that will fix this error for me, without coding it? if you still have it