Star Wars & Horror

Y'know what we don't see too often in SW? Horror. I can count on my fingers the number of times something scary has happened throughout the trilogy. While I'm happy that we're starting to see more examples of horror in SW, I would love to see much more of it. I'm making this thread because I'm bored and I wanted to spit out some story ideas that would be cool to see in a movie or game. 

- A story that focuses on a miner in a underground mining facility that is in lock down, after a recent cargo ship crash into the facility, causing the protagonist to go unconscious. The protagonist awakens in a barren medbay, and slowly realizes that the facility is full of dead miners (very Peragus. I know) being eaten by unidentifiable creatures that seem to have come from the crashed cargo ship. The miner must now break through security systems, sneak pass the creatures, and utilize anything he comes across. His objective is to make his way to the command console to shut down the lock down and get out of there. 

- A drifting space outpost on it's way to refuel is invaded by a army of devious IG-88 droids, who intend to take over the station and use it for their own purposes. The ship's crew must fend off the advancing robots and get out a signal asking any nearby spacecraft for help.

These are just some of the random ideas I've had in my head for awhile. Can you guys think of any horror scenarios that would be good for SW?

Smoo likes this

Y'know what we don't see too often in SW? Horror. I can count on my fingers the number of times something scary has happened throughout the trilogy. While I'm happy that we're starting to see more examples of horror in SW, I would love to see much more of it. I'm making this thread because I'm bored and I wanted to spit out some story ideas that would be cool to see in a movie or game. 

- A story that focuses on a miner in a underground mining facility that is in lock down, after a recent cargo ship crash into the facility, causing the protagonist to go unconscious. The protagonist awakens in a barren medbay, and slowly realizes that the facility is full of dead miners (very Peragus. I know) being eaten by unidentifiable creatures that seem to have come from the crashed cargo ship. The miner must now break through security systems, sneak pass the creatures, and utilize anything he comes across. His objective is to make his way to the command console to shut down the lock down and get out of there. 

- A drifting space outpost on it's way to refuel is invaded by a army of devious IG-88 droids, who intend to take over the station and use it for their own purposes. The ship's crew must fend off the advancing robots and get out a signal asking any nearby spacecraft for help.

These are just some of the random ideas I've had in my head for awhile. Can you guys think of any horror scenarios that would be good for SW?

Yoda spin-off movie.

Fully set on Dagobah, have it play out like Predator, only instead of Arnold, it's Yoda, instead of a human supporting cast, get a creature supported cast. Instead of a Predator, you have droves of Imperial forces attempting to seek and destroy Yoda.

Darth Vader spin-off movie.

Set on various planets where Jedi have fled from Order 66. Vader hunts down Jedi by using the maps of all Jedi temples (minus one because of Luke Skywalker). This could be in a Slender Man video game style (dark figure in the woods haunting you, similar to how Kylo Ren presents himself to Rey before he asks her where the droid is and then knocking her out). Of course, different planets, different settings, so you could use a lot of horror imagery, much like the Darth Vader hallway scene at the end of Rogue One.

I also thought about an Obi-Wan spin-off movie, liberating slaves from outposts of Tusken Raiders, with a similar style to John Carpenter's The Thing. Also combine elements of Tremors (underground sand-worms that can eat you alive). I guess you could also take horror imagery from other horror movies to make it stand out.

Bek likes this

The Dianoga scared the shit out of me when I was little.

Also, it's really funny that both of your ideas are almost the same concept I had in mind when I created my very first map ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZnmnVnxPg

Bek, Futuza and Username like this

That is a really great story idea. I can almost imagine the gameplay to be more sneaking around, kinda like Deus Ex or something similar. 

Death Troopers, although I have not read it, would be something cool to create.

Bek likes this

Also, it's really funny that both of your ideas are almost the same concept I had in mind when I created my very first map ever.

I'm very glad you pointed that out, I had your map in mind while I made this thread. How'd it turn out?

I would also like Star Wars to be more of horror. If it were up to me, Jedi Academy would be a game of action and horror, with an oppressive atmosphere between reborn and Sith ghosts as the level of Chandrilla but more widespread. We also have the Nina: Undiscovered Secret mod, which adopts that dark atmosphere.

Star Wars has a lot of potential for horror. For example, a game about a padawan that is trapped in a space station with a metamorphic species resulting from Sith alchemy, similar to Dead Space but with lightsabers and Force powers. At first we would not have a lightsaber and we would have to go stealthily; the obtaining of the lightsaber would be a great reward and only the clairvoyance of a Force sensitive could unmask these metamorphs before they begin to attack as the blood test of The Thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very glad you pointed that out, I had your map in mind while I made this thread. How'd it turn out?

I stopped that project when I hit a wall with a bug I didn't know how to fix back then. I will finish it eventually and it will be added to my main mod project as a small quest.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 11 months later...

Aye, recently someone posted about wanting to make a mod about Stormtroopers, with the first level set on Endor, with the Imperials having to escape the man-eating Ewoks. All teddy-bear bs aside, that's actually a good horror idea.

In Clone Wars there were a few episodes, one that I really liked was where they were partly ripping off System Shock 2 - you know, where there's a derelict Republic space station, and the gang discover that all of its staff were infected with parasitic mind-controlling worms, so it was basically a glorified zombie movie in SW props? :D

Speaking of which, there was some actual zombie-virus story in the old EU, I don't remember what it was named, so it may have been mentioned already.

I also remember in the old EU there was mention of vampire-like beings, namely there was a race of humanoids who could eat your brain (or something) through a couple of long, thin trunks they had. And there was also a kind of worm or centipede on Coruscant's lower levels that consumed raw energy, including from living beings, so a lot of people were afraid of these creatures coming after them during blackouts.

Ah, so much potential.

Bek likes this