Knights of the Old Republic Series:
The KotOR Series is a series of maps in production by SMoKE Designs and Kessno Productions. They are all based off of certain
locations in the games 'Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic', and 'Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords'.
Dantooine: Jedi Enclave:
This installment in the KotOR Series is called Dantooine: Jedi Enclave. The Jedi Enclave on Dantooine is a hidden refuge for
the Jedi, where they can train new generations of Jedi, and be of help to the locals at the same time. The fleet of Darth Malak
bombed the Enclave into a big pile of rocks in his search for the Jedi Bastila Shan.
To install, you must extract the KotOR_Dantooine_Jedi_Enclave.pk3 file into the GameData\Base-folder where your
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy-game is installed. The default path is:
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\Base"
To uninstall, you must remove the KotOR_Dantooine_Jedi_Enclave.pk3 file.
- Inyri Forge for her excellent computer console model, and for being a fellow KotOR lover
- lassev for some helping out with ICARUS
- Darth NormaN for reminding me of Brush Cleanup
- lemog for his fantastic free online archive of seamless textures
- Kessno for several reasons, like reminding me that the map was in progress
- ObiWanKenody for making a teaser trailer of the previous version of this map
- The blokes over at SMoKE Designs Official Forums for their great support through hard times
Special thanks to:
- George Lucas
- The people behind Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
- The people behind Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Inyri Forge
- SMoKE Designs www.smokedesigns.co.nr
- Kessno Productions www.kessnoproductions.thejefffiles.com
- Knights of the Old Republic Series www.smokedesigns.thejefffiles.com/kotorseries
- Inyri Forge's KotOR Map Objects http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/KotOR_Map_Objects;77747
- Leveldesign by Darth NormaN www.darthnorman.de.vu
- Lemog3d www.lemog.fr
- Forge Productions http://inyri.atspace.com
- JKA News www.jkanews.com
- Mace's Mapping Center http://macesmapping.map-craft.com
- I know alot of people will ask why I didn't make the Ebon Hawk interior, and the answer is simple, but somewhat hard to explain:
When you are inside the Ebon Hawk in KotOR, it's MUCH bigger than it is when you're outside. And so, making those two pieces fit
would be practically impossible. This be also the reason why I didn't make the loading ramp leading to the Hawk's interior, in
case anyone wanted to know.
- I also know alot of people will ask why I didn't make the Dantooine plains while I was at it, and there are several reasons:
It would be extremely hard to make it look alright, considering the shape of the "hills" that are out there. If I for some
reason should be able to make it, the map would be too big, or, I would have to place "invisible walls" everywhere, to limit the
area. And if there are things I really hate in a map, it's "invisible walls".
- Additionally, if anyone's going to ask why the skybox is so easy to hit, that would be because the structure of the original map
itself did not open up for alot of bunny-jumping. It would just mess up alot, and sometimes allowing the jumping player to see
over the walls and into the rooms beyond it, which I do not want to happen - but it is regretable anyway.
And so, as those three questions above has been answered here in the read-me, I will not be answering them later on, so don't ask.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.