JK2MV (Multi Version) is a modification for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It supports all three game versions and comes with various features and optimizations.
- Supports 1.02, 1.03 & 1.04 in a single executable
- Supports most mods made for JK2 (maps, skins, (code)mods etc.)
- Fast ingame HTTP-Downloads with a dialogue asking you for permission before downloading files to your computer
- Multiplatform: Windows, Linux, MacOSX
- Multiarchitecture: 32 and 64 bit support on all platforms
- Dynamic glow: Better looking lightsabers with the dynamic glow feature from JKA
- EAX/OpenAL sound fixed
- Support for modern screen resolutions
- Fixes for all known security bugs
- Minimizer: Press the Windows key / Command key in fullscreen mode to minimize
- Improved gamma correction
- Tons of other fixes and improvements in the engine
- Opensource (GPLv2)
JK2MV is fully compatible with "normal" JK2 versions. Using the JK2MV client let's you join all servers from 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04. When you host a server through JK2MV, you can select what version you're hosting by setting the mv_serverversion cvar to either "1.02", "1.03" or "1.04". Clients of the choosen version can join the server without having the JK2MV client installed. JK2MV clients automatically detect the server's version when connecting.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.