R.M.S. Titanic - AngelModder

Well it's been a busy past couple of days but B Deck forward and C Deck Forward are nearly complete, just a few finishing touches and they're done. The floor and ceiling textures, the last bits of pipping and ductwork, and of course room numbers. Also included a photo of the gsc with the new pillars in, say good bye to the old floor and ceiling textures! Tonight's going to be a lot of Photoshop and shader work.
shot0263.jpg
shot0264.jpg
shot0256.jpg

GSCCOMPAIRE.jpg

Merek, afi and scp_chaos1 like this

Is is just the perspective or have you made the staircase more narrow? Fantastic job by they way.

GSCCOMPAIRE.jpg

It is actually more narrow just like the original thing. Every aspect of this is map is measured out down to the inch. One of the first thing's I did was to establish a set of scales that I could agree on. At the top one person can pass through on each side, most pictures you see of replicas or even the film, greatly widen it to emphasize it's scale. But in truth it was fairly narrow at the top with just about 3 feet on either side of the center banister at the top.

Every room, every pillar in this even tables will be measured.

DsCeilingSample.jpg

shot0303.jpg

shot0304.jpg

Here is a sample of the 1rst class dining saloon ceiling texture. This texture is super HD, the actual in game texture is 4096 X 4096 while my Photoshop™ PSD is a resolution of 8192 X 8192. I found that any small of a working platform cut the sharpness of the details. If your going to spend 6 hours on a texture you sure as hell don't want it to look like crap.

This texture is not to be used without my express written consent. ~ AngelModder

I wish it worked that easy @Zefilus. A new shot of the re worked D Deck landing of the forward grand staircase, theirs two textures I want to replace on it but it's good enough to show a preview of! :D Enjoyshot0313.jpg

Oh and yea... So, I made a booboo, I hired a cheap contractor to do my plumbing, click the spoiler to see what happened -_-!

shot0319.jpg

afi likes this

A couple of things.

you should make a sun that slowly rises an lights up the map and then goes down to the horizon on the otherside of the ship :) on loop or by button.

r_forceSun 2 with rend2 ;)

About that second image: is it the water brush (or whatever it is) that rises, or the ship that sinks? In the first case, does the water work fine (as in, no weird void water stuff that I seem to get very often)?

AngelModder likes this

Well firstly I don't even know what rend2 is tbh, I keep hearing folk's mention it, but I have no real idea what it is even, must be some horrible publicizing on some one hands... Any ways, no the released version will not sink like you would think, it will have two static points (2 separate maps) for the sinking, one at around 1:25 Am just as the bow was starting to slip under, and a second at 2:18, just before she broke. Theirs sadly no FPS friendly way to sink her and not drive people's computers crazy using the q3 engine. Not at this level of detail any ways.
That having been said, the static moments she will be in however will be very detailed. for FPS reasons and functionality the first variant at 1:25 AM will have angled water brushes, at different levels for the interior and exterior.

well do you remember that kid from your childhood, that used to get everything?  -that's rend2

LOL That'd be my cousin then eh? I know from the little I could understand it's basically a new renderer for the game, in a sense making JKA use what you might consider quake 3.5 LOL. Still have no idea how you get it or how it effects mapping, I don't know if I'd really trust suc a thing, these sorts are usually riddled with bugs and unstable, JKA runs like crap as it is much less would I wanna add a bunch of FPS consuming effects. Just my opinion of course.

Rend2 isn't publicised more because it's nowhere near finished and pretty unusable in its current state. It's not worth the time to use it unless you're willing to go through an extraordinary amount of extra work and headaches.

I'd give it a try, I mean the more folks involved imo the better overall image the developers get of whats really needed. My question would really be how does the q3map2 handle compiling such implementations, and weather or not the new effects hit the fps. I understand it's a new render so it's possible it could be better fps then vanilla jka, but I wonder if it limits the map size more due to compile struggle.